PAAET & Other Diploma Holders-Conditions and Required Documents
- Diplomas completed in institutions outside Kuwait must be certified by the following: Kuwait Embassy where the diploma was granted, Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kuwait, and Ministry of Private Education
- Minimum CGPA is 2.25 (Exceptions can be made on a case by case basis upon the President's approval)
- The major of the completed diploma must be relevant to KCST majors
- All diplomas granted from a private college, must bring equivalency certificate from the PUC
- High school must be completed in the scientific stream
- The age of diploma certificate must not exceed 10 years. Exceptions can be decided on a case by case basis, upon the President’s approval
- A true copy of high school certificate in Arabic and English
- A true copy of diploma certificate & official transcript in Arabic and English
- PUC equivalency certificate for the diplomas completed in private colleges of Kuwait
- Course description (upon request)
Applicants can be exempted from the English entrance exam if the following conditions apply:
Minimum scores are: 5.5 (IELTS), 72 (TOEFL).
Validity of the certificate is 2 years.
The certificate must be submitted before the end of the add/drop period.
Transfer credit for PAAET & Other Diploma holders
KCST has a clear policy of exempting Diploma holders from a certain number of credits, based on their achievements. The policy takes into account the following considerations:
KCST will aim at maximizing the amount of exempted credits for students who meet the exemption criteria.
KCST will not give exemption of any upper-level major core course within the program of study given that such courses are crucial for the final quality of the degree.
In case there is no exact match between the courses taken previously and the courses offered at KCST, credits may be given in non-core areas and encompassing broader areas of scientific knowledge.
The actual courses to be included in the exemption will be decided by the University and cannot be negotiated.
The Credit Transfers Committee’s decision is taken and communicated to the student at the time when the student applies to join KCST. Once the student has accepted the granted credits, there are no further changes to be made.
The above rules are aimed at protecting the quality of KCST graduates and meeting the regulations of the accreditation bodies.
Click Here to Calculate Your Credits