Kuwait College of Science and Technology (KCST) is a private university located in Doha District of the Al Asimah Governate in Kuwait with a state-of-the-art-campus. KCST specialises in high tech degrees with strong leadership focus.
KSCT is currently offering the following programs:
KCST's vision is to be among the leading universities of science and technology in the Middle East, through the pursuit of academic excellence guided by human, social and environmental values.
Kuwait College of Science and Technology (KCST) aims to provide high-quality education and knowledge creation to contribute to the development of society and to create scientific and technological environments for enabling leadership and entrepreneurship, and to establish local and international partnerships in order to prepare graduates to lead and contribute to the economy and society who are capable of continuous learning and self development for building a diverse, fair and sustainable world.
I welcome you to the Website of Kuwait College of Science and Technology. You are about to be part of an exciting and rewarding venture.
It is a great honour to be the first President of KCST. In less than five years, KCST has made significant progress in realising its vision to become a leading institution of science and technology in the Middle East with international standards in teaching and research. KCST is now known for its high standards of teaching and its impactful research and innovation.
The impact of our efforts was demonstrated when we put all our innovation and research labs in the service of the State of Kuwait and the heroes at the frontlines of the fight against COVID-19. Over several months, the management, technical staff and most importantly, our wonderful volunteer students worked long hours to design, fabricate and distribute face shields to hospitals and other sites. Meanwhile, our researchers were developing statistical studies and research technologies to understand and tackle the pandemic.
President of Kuwait College of Science and TechnologyNationality: British/Jordanian Permanent Address: Cardiff, UK Current Address: Kuwait
KCST is growing, and our plans are very ambitious. We have submitted our application to change the name to University and to add many new programs in Engineering and start our Faculty of Business Management with many exciting programs in collaborations with Cass Business School of City, University of London. We are expecting the approvals in the near future. Meanwhile, our building expansion plans have been approved by the PUC to create one of the most impressive university campuses in Kuwait.
We will continue to invest heavily in our facilities, teaching, research and human capital. We will also maintain and nurture our fundamental values of Excellence, Care and Respect.
KCST will continue to be known for its care for its students who will be the focus of operations. The students of KCST will be provided with high-quality education and support to achieve their best.
KCST has already established a culture of respect among all its stakeholders. Respect will be the norm among and between students, faculty and all staff in the College. Respect to others regardless of gender, race, religion or origin
We had a very successful few years behind, and we are looking forward to exciting and successful years to come. I hope you find our programs inspiring and exciting and that you will become a KCST student soon.View More about our President
H. E. Nabeela Abdulla Al-Mulla was the Ambassador of the State of Kuwait to the Kingdom of Belgium and the Ambassador-designate to the European Union and to the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. She received her B.A. degree in Political Science and her M.A. degree in International Relations with Honours, from the American University of Beirut. Between 1977 and 1994 she served in the Permanent Mission of the State of Kuwait to the United Nations in New York.
Mrs. Danah Anwar Al Mulla is the Chief Strategy Officer and board member at Al Mulla Group Holding Company. She assumed this position in March 2010 after 10 years of experience with the Group as Director of Planning. As part of Al Mulla Group's executive leadership team, Her responsibility includes setting up and leading progressive strategies of the Group and its subsidiaries. In addition, she holds several key leadership roles within the Group’s businesses as Chairperson of Al Mulla Finance, Deputy Chairperson of Royale Hayat Hospital, Head of the Operations Committee at Kuwait College of Science and Technology, and Deputy Chairperson of Al Mulla Rental and Leasing. Mrs. Danah serves on the board of several advisory and non-profit organisations including the National Bureau for Academic Accreditation, the Board of Trustees of the Kuwait College for Science and Technology, the Centre for Child Evaluation and Teaching, Sanad Foundation for Disabled Children, and Injaz Kuwait.
She holds an MA (Hons) in Oriental Studies and an MSc in Economics for Development from the University of Oxford.
Mr. Minoo Patel is CFO and Board Member of AlMulla Group in Kuwait. He has been in Kuwait since 1983, the year he joined Yusuf A. Alghanim & Sons as Group Controller. He is founder and partner of Company of Science & Technology for Higher Education WLL, the parent company of KCST. Mr. Patel is a qualified Chartered Accountant and holds a Bachelor's degree in Commerce from Mumbai University. He has over 45 years of experience in Finance, Administration and Legal areas.
Mrs Nada Al-Mutawa was the Head of the Strategic Studies Division at the Center of Gulf and Arabian Peninsula, Kuwait University. She received her BA in Economics from Kuwait University and her MBA in Global Strategic Management from Maastricht School of Business. Mrs Al-Mutawa has been a guest speaker at many national and international events.
Mr. Jehad Al Qabandi is the Chief Executive of the Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait (BBK) Kuwait Branch since January 2019.
Mr. Al Qabandi has an extensive experience spanning over 25 years in the Investment Industry. He held senior positions in leading organizations in Kuwait, last of which the role of Executive Director at The Kuwait National Fund for Small & Medium Enterprise Development.
Mr. Jehad Al-Qabandi holds an MBA from City University of London and completed in 2004, a Senior Executive Programme for Middle East from Harvard Business School.
President of KCST
President of KCST
Nationality: British/Jordanian Permanent Address: Cardiff, UK Current Address: Kuwait
• MSc (1986) and PhD (1989) in Communications Engineering from Budapest University of Technology
• Postgraduate Diploma in Management (2011) from Glamorgan Business School, Wales, UK
• Senior Strategic Leadership Certificate (2014) from the UK Leadership Foundation in Higher Education, London
Summary of Research Productivity
• 2 registered UK patents.
• 2 authored books published by John Wiley & Sons and Kluwer Elsevier.
• 21 edited books, mostly with Springer Verlag and IEEE Computer Science Press.
• 200 Published research articles in Journals, conferences and book chapters.
• Supervised 27 successful PhD projects. His students are now full professors and CEOs.
• Examined 30 PhD candidates in top universities, including Imperial College London and Manchester University.
• >20 Keynote talks at major conferences.
• Secured over GBP 20 million in research and consultancy funding for his projects.
• Chaired 35 international conferences in 14 countries.
• Co-inventor of MOSEL: The Modelling, Specification and Evaluation Language.
• President of the European Council for Modelling and Simulation (ECMS) (2006-2010 and 2014-2018.)
• President of the Federation of European Simulation Societies (EUROSIM) (2010-2013).
• Consultant to Major international companies: Lucent Technologies and Siemens (2000), Malaysian TeleKom (2003-2008), and US General Dynamics and Airbus Cyber and Defense (2014-2015)
• Expert Witness (Patent Expert) on Major international IPR cases between Nokia-InterDigital in 2008 and Nokia-HTC in 2013.
• UK Representative and Cardiff Conference Ambassador to EU Projects. Brussels
• Assistant/Associate Professor at Mut’ah University, Jordan (1990-1997)
• Research Fellow at Politecnico di Torino, Italy (1997)
• Guest Professor, Dresden University of Technology, Germany (1998-2000)
• Senior Lecturer and Director of Research at Bradford University, UK (2000-2003)
• Full Professor of mobile communications at the University of South Wales, Cardiff, UK (2003-2017)
• Founder and Director, Centre of Excellence in Mobile Applications and Services (CEMAS, GBP6.4m) (2010-2015)
• Founder and Co-Director, Centre of Excellence in Mobile and Emerging Technologies (CEMET GBP6.64m) (2015-2017)
• Honorary Adjunct Professor at Edith Cowen University, Australia (2005-2017)
• President of Kuwait College of Science and Technology, Kuwait (2015 - )
• Winner of the “John von Neumann” Best project award in Hungary in 1986.
• Recognised by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace on 24 October 2006 for his contributions the British scientific community.
• Winner of the 2013 Institute of Wales Affairs ”Inspire Wales Award” for Science and Technology.
• Winner for Innovation at the Wales Centre of Quality Innovation Awards 2014.
Scientific and Professional Fellowships and Memberships
• Fellow of the British Computer Society, UK
• Fellow of the German Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany
• Fellow of the European Council of Modelling and Simulations
• Senior Member of the IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers), USA
• Chartered Engineer of the Institute of Engineering and Technology, UK
• Member of the UNESCO Expert team (1999-2004)
• Member of the College of the UK Engineering and Physical Sciences Council (EPSRC)
Founded 3 companies and managed over 20 development projects.
IIT Delhi Representative
IIT Delhi Representative
Prof. Maheshwari is Professor Emeritus, Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology in Delhi, India. Amongst the many professional appointments, he is a Member of the Technical Evaluation Group, Central Board of Excise and Customs, Government of India and Head of the Scientific Computing Panel, Naval Research Board, and Government of India. Dr. Maheshwari holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science from Northwestern University, USA
The Campus has a current capacity sufficient for about 1800 students with outstanding facilities such as 520 seater distinguished auditorium, two 250-seater lecture theatres, mini theatres and smart classrooms
KCST welcomes all applicants to visit the campus for admission to its programs. However, if students are also applying for funding to the PUC or any other organization, they must comply with the sponsor's rules and conditions.
KCST only accepts students who completed their high school studies in the science stream. KCST offers three majors in the Bachelor's degree level and a Foundation program that includes English, Maths, Physics and IT. The medium of instruction is English.